In a world that is constantly questioning, and even attempting to undermining, our God-given identities, it can be challenging to truly know who you are. And there are so many different ways that we can respond to this inquiry, but as believers, it’s important to know what God has to say on the matter.
February Journaling Prompts
This month, I want to challenge you to journal with God each day on the topic of your identity. This challenge is rooted in Scripture and centered around hearing directly from the Lord.
The journaling calendar below includes a verse to read, meditate on, and journal about each day. As you journal over the next 28 days, ask God the following:
- What do you want me to see/know/believe about you?
- What do you want me to see/know/believe about my identity in Christ?
- How can I fully embrace and embody who you say I am?
Feel free to use the list below or download the 28-day journaling calendar.
- Ephesians 2:10 - God’s Workmanship
- Genesis 1:27 - Made in His Image
- 2 Corinthians 5:17 - A New Creation
- 1 Peter 1:23 - Born Again
- Titus 3:5 - Saved
- 1 Peter 2:9 - Chosen, Royal, Holy, His
- John 10:14-15 - His Sheep
- John 15:15 - Friend of God
- 1 John 3:1-3 - Child of God
- 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 - Temple of the Holy Spirit
- John 15:5 - The Branches
- Psalm 139:14 - Fearfully and Wonderfully Made
- Romans 8:17 - Fellow Heirs with Christ
- John 3:16 - Loved
- Psalm 100:3 - The Sheep of His Pasture
- Philippians 3:20 - Citizen of Heaven
- Romans 8:15 - Adopted
- Ephesians 5:8 - Children of Light
- Ephesians 1:3 - Blessed in Christ with Every Spiritual Blessing
- Colossians 3:1-3 - Raised with Christ
- Romans 5:1 - Justified by Faith
- John 15:16 - Chosen and Appointed
- Romans 8:1 - No Longer Condemned
- Galatians 5:1 - Free
- Ephesians 1:7 - Redeemed and Forgiven
- 1 Corinthians 12:27 - The Body of Christ
- Romans 8:37 - More Than Conquerors
- Matthew 5:13-16 - Salt and Light
Prayerfully, as you journal with God this month, you will also develop a confidence and assurance in your identity. For reminders and encouragement from Journaling with God, shop our Identity Declarations collection.